You can barely do any health research today without running into another genetic test for this or that. Health improvement recommendations based on genetics for diet, exercise or even recommendations for skin care supplements!
But genetic testing alone will always fall short of delivering on its promise of personalized health.
In 2018, The Journal of the American Medical Association published a study showing that there was no association with genetics, dietary intervention and weight loss https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2673150
Have you heard of a genetic test and the recommendations actually working for someone?
If they did, it was more likely due to luck than science. Why is that? Because it’s now widely understood that genetics alone contributes to less than 20% of the actual physiological expression. So what’s the other 80%? Diet, lifestyle, toxins, stress, microbiome, etc, etc, etc.
The reality is that an individual’s choices have more impacts on their life than the genetic code they inherited from their parents.
Thankfully we now have a lot more access to data that quantifies those factors which are driving an individuals metabolic health, and more importantly, what can be done to change them. However, measuring and tracking all of your health data can be complex & overwhelming. So we built Biocanic, a technology platform that enables practitioners and individuals to store & process all of the testing and health information in one easy to use spot.
At Biocanic, our goal is to make access to personalized health interventions faster and more affordable to everyone.
To learn more about Biocanic, and sign up for an account, visit us at https://www.biocanic.com/learn-more/